The bookthrone is a brutalist inspired library armchair holding up to 300 of your favourite books and stories including space for large format folios. The bookthrone brings together a love of books and simple, beautiful design. Upholstered in Harris Tweed the bookthrone is ergonomically designed and adjustable with lumber support.
I precision engineer high grade layered Birch and hand finish the wood using natural beeswax. I upholster the cushions using the finest, certified, hand woven Harris Tweed. The bookthrone has an adjustable backrest and comes complete with bookends. The bookthrone can be assembled and dissembled in minutes due to its unique Patent Pending registered interlocking design.
- All British
- Choice of Harris Tweed upholstery, hand woven on the Isle of Harris
- Choice of hand crafted Beeswax finish
- Stores up to 300 books - equivalent to almost 5 metres of standard bookcase shelving
- Accommodates all types of books including large children's picture books and folios
- No tools required to assemble or dissemble
- Sleek and compact design
- Layered Birch FSC certified
- A fair, living wage, paid at every step
- Naturally fire retardent (schedule 3, crib 5)
- A tree planted in your name for every order
The bookthrone displays and stores up to 300 books. With a deep, angled seat including lumber support and adjustable backrest, the bookthrone is perfect for all readers including those who like to lounge or curl up with a good read. The bookthrone is perfect for both adults and children. You customise the chair with a variety of finishes and Harris Tweeds. Each chair is unique in appearance due to natural variations in the wood. Beeswax enhances and protects the grain of the wood. Your library brings the chair to life and makes it truly unique in appearance. The bookthrone whilst making a statement has a surprisingly efficient footprint due to its clever design.
The bookthrone measures 89cm wide x 76cm deep x 63cm tall and the typical seat proportions are 48cm height from the ground with a 53cm depth and 55cm width and full back support upto 50cm from coccyx (including allowance for the Harris Tweed upholstery) but this is all customisable on enquiry.